Today, I officially leave Sarajevo and head back to the good old United States of America. I learned so much this summer and also had a great time exploring the city of Sarajevo. As I head back to the States and prepare for pack out and my move back to DC, I’ll leave you with some of my favorite spots in this lovely city.
- For pizza, head to Noovi.
- For cevapi, the quintessential Bosnian cuisine, Zeljo and Petica Cevabzinica (both located in the Old Town) vie for #1. Personally, I liked Petica better!
- For a mix of Bosnian traditional dishes and other food items, Dveri was great.
- For amazing views of the city, head to Park Princeva. They also have live music at dinner! Kibe is also supposed to be amazing, both for the view and the food, but I didn’t get a chance to make it there this summer.
- For fish, you can’t go wrong with Luka Sarajevo.
Bars / Nightlife
- Many an after work drink was consumed at Cafe Tito. I loved it because they have Sarajevsko dark beer on tap!
- Pravda (near BBI center) is a great spot for drinks and they also have a pretty decent food menu.
- Sloga - the only real club in Sarajevo - features live music and enough cigarette smoke to take a few years off your life but is always a great, late night party.